Community Helpers is a non-profit, United Way partner whose purpose is to provide emergency financial assistance to residents of Rutherford County. We help with utilities, rent, medicine, and referrals.
We are located at 1020 N Highland Ave, Murfreesboro, Tn 37130.
We are open by appointment Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (closed noon to 1:00 pm for lunch)
The Emergency Assistance Program is funded by United Way, Charity Circle of Murfreesboro, area churches, civic clubs, organizations and individual contributors.
Community Helpers also receives and distributes funds donated by customers of Murfreesboro Electric Department through the Magic Dollar Program, the ATMOS Energy Customer Contribution Program, the MTEMC project Help Program, and the Consolidated Utility District Neighbor 4 Neighbor Program.
The Prescription Medicine Assistance Program is funded by a grant from the Christy Houston Foundation, and donations from the First United Methodist Church.
Information Required When Applying for Emergency Assistance
You MUST be a resident of Rutherford County for at least 6 months
- Photo ID, Social Security Card, and date of birth for all people in the household
- Written proof of all income, including Food Stamps, Social Security, Unemployment, Families First/Child Support, Pension, Wages, Student Loans, etc., for the last 30 days
- Bring ALL bills. All utilities, including phone and cable. Car payments, insurance premiums, loans, credit cards, lease or mortgage statement, medical/dental, child support, day care expenses, repairs, etc. We must see lease/mortgage statement with landlord's name and correct mailing address and phone number.
- NO MOTELS - NO EXCEPTIONS
- WE CANNOT PAY RENT TO RELATIVES OR OTHER CLIENTS OF COMMUNITY HELPERS
- FOR MEDICINES: Bring all the above plus the prescription or bottle showing a refill.